What information does VRG collect about me?
User ID, Registration, and Customer Support
When you register to use a VRG website or online service, create a user ID, or contact us for support or other offerings, VRG collects information that identifies you. This may include your name, address, phone number, email address, social security number, date of birth, or payment information. We may also sometimes collect other information that does not identify you, such as your job title or industry. Some of this information is required and other information is optional. For student loan applications, information regarding your eligibility is required. To help keep our databases current and to provide you the most relevant content and experiences, we may combine information from you with information from public sources and our trusted partners, in accordance with applicable law. Any information collected and retained will be kept secure.
VRG Websites and Online Services
We collect information about how you use our websites and online services, including when you use a desktop product feature that takes you online (such as a photo syncing feature). We may collect information that your browser or device typically sends to our servers whenever you visit a VRG website. For example, your browser or device may tell us your IP address (which may tell us generally where you are located) and the type of browser and device you used. When you visit a VRG website, your browser may also tell us information such as the page that led you to our website and, if applicable, the search terms you typed into a search engine that led you to our website. VRG may collect information about how you use our websites and online services by using cookies and similar technologies, and our servers may collect similar information when you are logged in to the website or online service. Depending on the website or online service, this information may be anonymous or it may be associated with you.
Emails we send you may include a web beacon that tells VRG whether you have received or opened the email, or clicked a link within the email. If you do not want us to collect this information from VRG emails, you can opt out of receiving VRG emails.
How does VRG use the information it collects about me?
VRG uses the information we collect about you in a number of ways, such as:
- Providing you with the VRG websites and online services for which you have registered, as well as any services, support, or information you have requested.
- Better understanding how our websites and online services are being used so we can improve them and engage and retain users.
- Diagnosing problems in our websites and online services.
- Reducing fraud and protecting our customers as well as VRG.
- As further described for a specific VRG website or online service.
- For student loan applications, to communicate information to the school for approval, and if approved, to process the loan and onboard the information into VRG’s servicing system.
VRG works with companies that help us run our business. These companies provide services such as delivering customer support, processing credit card payments, and sending emails on our behalf. In some cases, these companies have access to some of your personal information in order to provide services to you on our behalf. They are not permitted to use your information for their own purposes.VRG may also share your personal information when:
- When you agreed to the sharing.
- For student loan applications, with the school for the purposes of loan approval or denial.
- When we are required to provide information in response to a subpoena, court order, or other applicable law or legal process.
- When we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or respond to fraud, defend our websites or online services against attacks, or protect the property and safety of VRG, our customers and users, or the public.
- If we merge with or are acquired by another company, we sell a VRG website, online service, or business unit or all or a substantial portion of our assets are acquired by another company. In those cases your information will likely be one of the assets that is transferred.
- We may share or publish aggregate information that doesn’t specifically identify you, such as statistical information about visitors to our websites or statistical information about how customers use our online services.
Questions and Answers
Q: Is my personal information displayed anywhere on VRG’s websites or online services?
A: No personal information provided to VRG will be publically available anywhere on VRG”s websites or online services.
Q: Is my personal information secure?
A: We understand that the security of your personal information is important. We provide
reasonable administrative, technical,and physical security controls to protect your personal
information. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are 100% effective
and VRG cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information.
Q:Where does VRG store my personal information?
A: Your personal information and data files are stored on VRG’s servers and the servers of companies we hire to provide services to us.
Q: How can I review or update my personal information or close my account?
A: Under the law of some countries, you may have certain rights to access, correct, or delete
your personal information. Many of our websites and online services allow you to edit your
personal information by accessing the “my account,” “my profile,” or similar feature of the
website or online service you are using.
If you want to request a deletion of your user ID account, please Contact the help desk. Note: We need to retain certain records for legal or internal business reasons (such as fraud prevention). Some of your information may remain on backup systems, in compliance with applicable law.
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with the websites and online services you are eligible to use with your user ID, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations or enforce our agreements.
Q: Will VRG market to me?
A: VRG does not intend to market to users of its website or online services.
your previously collected personal information in a materially different way. If we do,
the links to the policy on our websites and online services (which are generally found in the
footer of the website or online service) will indicate that the policy has been changed or
updated. For new users, the change or update will become effective upon posting. For existing
users, the change or update will become effective 30 days after posting. We encourage you to
periodically review the VRG Privacy Center for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Q: Who can I contact with questions or concerns?
A: For a privacy question or issue, please contact the help desk.