Welcome to the Ohio MeansJobs Workforce Development Revolving Loan Program’s (“Loan Program”) online application portal.
The Loan Program assists with job growth and advancement by providing loans to students in training and retraining workforce development programs, as approved by the The Department of Higher Education.
Training is provided by Ohio:
- Career schools
- Career-technical centers
- Joint vocational school districts
- Private schools
The Loan Program is focused on providing in-demand skills needed in growing fields.
Use this to proceed with your application.
Further instructions are listed below.
1. Speak with your Financial Counselor:
The loan application process begins by speaking with a financial counselor at the school, which provides training for approved workforce programs, in which a student is enrolled. The financial counselor will advise you about the availability of these loans and whether you should apply. The financial counselor will help you establish web credentials to login to the application portal. You can log in using:
- Log In – link in the upper right corner of this page or by using the
- Starting or Continue a Loan Application – from the navigation pane on the left side of the loan form
2. Password Creation Email:
Next you will receive an email with a link for you to create your password. You will need your username and security questions that you create with your financial aid adviser to complete this task.
3. Log-In View:
4. Completing the Application:
There are six (6) links in the left navigation panel:
2. Next fill out each of the four (4) application sections:
- ID Information Page
- Contact Information
- Loan Request
3. Next you will see the Disclosure Page, which will include your Federal Truth-in-lending Disclosure Statement and a Self-Certification form. Each student will have to fill out a Self-Certification form and return it back to VRG to meet loan disbursement requirements. After acknowledging that you have received both documents by checking the boxes at the bottom of the page, you may hit the next button to move on to the submission page.
4. Read and accept the disclosure information on the “Submit Confirmation and Disclosure” page. There will be a check box at the bottom of the page, so you can acknowledge you have read and agreed to the terms. After you click the check box the “Submit” button will become available, so you can finalize your application.
5. Following submission, you will be taken to the “Submission Success” page noting that your submission was successful. The “Submission Success” page contains information about what’s next in the process along with help desk contact information for any additional questions. You will also receive confirmation of submission by email, sent to the email address given during the application process.
6. Copy for your records:
The “App PDF” link will generate a PDF version of your application so that you can save, email or print the application for your records.
For your protection the system will log you out if there is five (5) minutes of inactivity.
6. Saving your work:
There is a “Save” button that will allow you to save your information at any time. When you move between pages using the website’s navigation buttons and links your information is saved automatically.
If you use your browser’s “Back” button instead, you may lose your work. You can return to a partially completed application at any time. If the system logs you out due to inactivity, your information will be saved automatically. You can return to a partially completed application at any time.
Note: Applications that have not been submitted will be purged after thirty (30) days of inactivity, after which you will need new login credentials – a new user name and password.
7. Required Information:
As you fill out the forms you will notice fields with an asterisk (*). These are required fields and must be filled out to proceed to the next page.
You and your financial counselor will receive the email notice of your submission. Please allow 1-2 weeks for review by the financial counselor and approval by the State office. You will be notified by email of your final status.
9. Application Help:
On the top right of every page there is a help link. This help page includes Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and application process help.
10. Question Specific Help:
You will find that when you hover over questions, their color will change to red. This color change indicates there is a link with more information. Click one of these links and it will open a new browser tab with help for the question. You may need to scroll through the help file for the relevant information. Click on the previous browser tab to return to your application.
The success of your application will depend on the availability of funds and your application.
Thank you for your interest in the Loan Program and, using the “Contact Us” link below, please feel free to contact the program administrators at Value Recovery Group or call the program Help Desk at 844.287.6216 or 614.324.5959 weekdays from 9:00 am until 9:00 pm EST